Thursday, June 23, 2011

KiP in Athens 2011

Last week on the 11th of June, there was the world wide Knit in Public Day that is being celebrated for a whole week! Anyone can host a KiP (knitting in public event) or participate in a local KiP. As long as there was no other event around, me and Panagiota, decided to organize a KiP event to celebrate the wwKiPDay and that was on Sunday. Some knit friends didn't make it to the event, mostly because of their hangover.. and all the members of our crochet club was decimated off the hotness and the last night's booze. Yet, we were actually 12 people, 9 out of whom did knit!! I know it's not such a success but we are super happy for it! hahaha

here are some photos Panagiota, Veronika and me shot:





 The park was pretty cool , although it was a hot day, and surprisingly enough the street noise couldn't reach us.  The best thing one could do was to walk on the grass barefoot and enjoy the sweet breeze, while Panagiota was teaching the basics of knitting and crocheting. As you can see there are 3 boys that learned how to knit! Cool ha? In my opinion they did pretty amazing... I'm very proud of everyone that learned how to knit that day.

me crocheting and my brother knitting

panagiota and manolis

elisavet and eleni



orestis' dedication...




It was pretty relaxing and funny, Manolis and Dimitris were the first to arrive, and refused to knit... or to learn how to knit, but they were there to amuse us with their first class jokes. Later on , Elisavet, Eleni, Dimitra, Marios and Christos joined me, Panagiota, Panagiotis, Orestis, Veronica, Manolis and Dimitris. We laughed, we chatted, we knitted, we crocheted, we ate Panagiota's homebaked cookies and shot some pictures. It was 6 in the afternoon when we finally decided that it was time to pack and leave the park, but then we had some visitors of the sweetest kind!! A shiny black cocker that wanted to check my progress and a little girl that wanted to learn how to crochet! hehehe




veronica holding a ball of yarn, matching with her nail color

me and Panagiota, proud organizers... ♥



So that was it! yeah! Next year, we promise to do it better, or  let's say... next week!? Yes, we did enjoy it and like everybody else we love picnics, too. don't you?

p.s. I forgot to shoot the progress of each ones knit work, but it doesn't matter. I couldn't post a million of photos anyway... Check some details on my flickr

cheers
marietta ♥




6 comments:

  1. Marieta,
    fiqueimuito feliz em receber seu recadinho em meu blog e surpresa com o fato de você entender um pouquinho de português! adoraria saber fazer crochet, acho lindo!!!
    beijinhos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Im new to your blog :) I found you via freckled nest and I really enjoy your blog! Its so unique and interesting! Im a new follower now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a great idea!!!! Love your blog!
    Cheers,
    S.
    www.shelleysarina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say I love the idea! Looks like a lot of fun :)

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like so much fun! I wish I knew about Knit in Public Day, I would have definitely done it! Perhaps I will do some knitting this weekend :)

    It's so cute that you and your sister are so close and you both love crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it's summer time...it's knitting time...

    ReplyDelete

life

    Oh lala, πέρασε ο καιρός ε; Όπως θα ταν αναμενόμενο, έχουν γίνει άπειρα πράγματα από τον Οκτώβρη -που βλέπω εδώ ότι ανανέωσα για τελευτ...